Friday, February 25, 2011

Week of 2/21 - 2/25

This week in class we have continued reading and preforming Twelfth Night. So far I am enjoying the play very much. However, my goal I made last week of being able to understand Shakespeare being read aloud is now seeing impractical. Throughout this week I have been relying on the translated version in order to completely understand whats happening. It's just that Shakespeare uses so many metaphors and words that we never use today.I also realized that I need to secure my second interviewer for the inquiry project. I have email people at SDSU and have gotten no successful replies. I am thinking that I'll try emailing psychology professors at UCSD and USD. Tis all.

2 comments:

  1. I, too, cannot comprehend Shakespeare's plays without analyzing them scrupulously. I can't say I love his plays all that much, but I suppose that much of his genius is lost on our generation so that's probably to be expected. Good luck getting interviewees. I still need to find mine.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Shakespeare is the easiest form of literature you daft simpleton! Tis all.

    ReplyDelete