Friday, December 17, 2010

Blog Post #10

1) “Most Beautiful Work Award” - Which piece of writing (formal or informal) are you most proud of and why? What other skill or habit have you developed (maybe as a reader?) that you are proud of?
-I would say that I am most proud of the short story I wrote for the Tragedy Project. I really liked the setting of the story and would have liked to have gone more in depth with it. My writing and editing skills have definitely improved as a result of writing essays in class and the numerous college essays I've written.
2) “Lesson Learned” - What content do you feel you have mastered? Or, which skill(s) did you enjoy learning and feel that you have had some success in developing? How so?
- As said I have become better at writing. I also feel that I've become better and faster at reading. Atlas Shrugged had very small font, was extremely long, and very complex. This forced me to develop stronger attention span while reading and the ability to read faster. I also became better at analyzing texts. The many annotation we had to write on articles, poems, and novels all helped me to develop this skill.
3) “Lessons I’d Like to Learn” - Which skills would you like to develop before graduation? What content do you feel that you need to know in order to feel ready for college? Do you have any project ideas?
-I would like to improve upon my creative writing skills. I already feel that these are strong but I simply enjoy writing stories and think it would be fun to have an assignment of this kind. I would also like to do another reading focused project. There are many books that I want to read next semester after hearing all of the presentations. 

2 comments:

  1. I must admit, I am a bit jealous of the book you chose to read. Granted, I feel as though I wouldn't have liked or appreciated the book as much as you did, I wish I had the opportunity to "force" myself to read something that was much more challenging (though I enjoyed the three books I read, they were definitely not challenging in any way).

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree that writing stories is fun and I also think that we should have more creative writing assignments.

    ReplyDelete